The Economic Abuse Reference Group is an informal group of community organisations which influences government and industry responses to the financial impact of family violence. Our members include family violence services, community legal services and financial counselling services.
The group’s work is focused primarily in Victoria, where the recent Royal Commission into Family Violence made several recommendations for government and industry.
The group is also responding to some national issues, such as banking and insurance, where organisations outside Victoria contribute to the group’s work.
Issues we have, or plan to have, provided input to include banking, insurance, utilities including water, tenancy, and infringements.
Not all organisations contribute on every issue – and other organisations may contribute from time to time. Organisations involved include:
- Consumer Action Law Centre
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Financial and Consumer Rights Council
- Good Shepherd Youth and Family Services Australia & New Zealand
- Justice Connect
- Uniting Kildonan
- Womens Information & Referral Exchange (WIRE)
- Womens Legal Service Victoria
NATIONAL AND NON-VICTORIAN ORGANISATIONS
- Care Financial Counselling Service & Consumer Law Centre (ACT)
- Financial Counselling Australia
- Financial Rights Legal Centre (NSW)
The Economic Abuse Reference Group is supported by the Victorian Government.